Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions; Shipment, Delivery, Returns etc..
1. How fast can I get my products ?
1. The time from when we receive your payment to the time when you receive the goods is typically 3-10 working days (bulk orders take longer).
2. Your order will be quality controlled, packed, and dispatched usually within 3-5 days of payment (non-bulk), certain items may take longer to prepare and dispatch.
3. After your order has been dispatched, we email the courier tracking number within 48 hours.
* Our suppliers will be closed from the 22nd Jan 2020 - 03 FEB 2020, orders and other support from our suppliers received during this period as well as a few days prior to the 2nd FEB will be delayed and only processed after the 2nd FEB 2020.
2. How are goods shipped to me from SoundLouder.co.za ?
1. All orders as from the 5th May 2018 are shipped and delivered by DHL/TNT Express Door to Door Delivery unless otherwise stated in the product's description, we may also use other couriers besides DHL/TNT if the delivery area is in a designated "Remote Zone" such as DHL, Aramex, EMS etc.. (click here to verify) or post your order for local stock (counter to counter). If your area is in a remote zone and if you would prefer that your order be shipped & delivered by TNT Express, then please add about R400.00 to your payment to cover the remote area fee charged by TNT.
2. Orders are shipped directly from the manufacturers that we work with unless otherwise stated in the product description.
3. Insurance (optional); please contact us immediately after placing your order so that we may provide the insurance cost (approx +3%) or alternately, please add 3% to the order total when making your payment and insurance will automatically be added to your order.
4. Customs clearance paperwork and procedures are handled by the courier, they may need to contact you in certain cases to confirm details of a shipment.
3. How do I receive my order ?
1. The courier requires a signature from the recipient for delivery, this is a fast and secure way to have your products delivered.
2. It is essential that you provide a full, accurate shipping address (physical address) and a valid contact number.
3. (Not applicable to SA Customers - Sound Louder Covers this cost on your behalf) - If there are Tax/Vat, import duties, other taxes or disbursement fees to pay on the goods due to import rules, the courier will present you with a bill at the time of delivery. In general you will need to pay any such bill to the courier before you can receive the goods. Any such charges are your responsibility and unfortunately we cannot offer advice or estimates about import fees or other taxes as these vary, depending on the many different products and import regulations. When creating your account please note that if a business name is used, your business will be billed/charged Tax/Vat, Import Duties etc.., the courier will contact you prior to delivering the goods to advise the total amount which will have to be paid before receiving the goods.
4. In many cases and depending on import rules, both businesses and private users will be charged and liable for Tax/Vat, Import Duties etc.., these are for your account and not Sound Louder's responsibility.
5. For more information about import duties and prior to placing your order (for South African customers), kindly contact the SARS National Call Centre: 0860 12 12 18.
6. If you believe your package is missing items, includes incorrect items, has been damaged or tampered with in any way or any other problem, it is essential that you communicate this clearly to the courier company's delivery driver at the time of delivery as well as to our sales team within 48 hours. If you do not report any problems within 48 hours counting from the delivery date/time, we will consider that the order was carefully inspected by yourself and delivered in good condition.We will not accept claims or accusations that the goods were not delivered in good condition after 48 hours counting for the delivery date and time.
4. Can I collect from your premises and how do I pay for my order ?
1. Sound Louder keeps no stock, we are exclusively an online store.
2. Our products are shipped directly from the manufacturer which hold/manage their own stock.
3. This ensures that we can confirm availability within a few hours, offer the best/lowest prices at all times and guarantee efficient and cost effective delivery.
5. All orders will however have to be paid for upfront (no exceptions).
6. After payment has been received/confirmed, your order will be processed and dispatched in a timely and professional manor.
7. Payment (South African customers): You may pay for your order by Paygate/Electronics Funds Transfer (EFT)/Internet Banking, Cash Deposit or Paypal.
8. Payment (non South African customers): Paypal/Paygate
Sound Louder PTY LTD shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal
information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
2. Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa and MasterCard.
3. Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Sound Louder PTY LTD via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African
Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the
website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
4. Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Sound Louder PTY LTD separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For
more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
5. Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is
South African Rand (ZAR).
Sound Louder PTY LTD takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website,
customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
6. Shipping cost..
1. Shipping costs depend on your destination and the quantity/weight of goods you are buying. We can ship any quantity of goods to almost any destination!
2. Instant online shipping quotes: Use the SoundLouder.co.za checkout system to preview the shipping charge for your particular mix of goods.
3. If a shipment is confirmed lost, stolen, or damaged before receipt, we will work with the courier directly to obtain information and arrange a refund or re-delivery at no further expense to you (order must be insured, refer to point 2.3). Orders that have not been insured will not be covered if lost or damaged during shipping, no exceptions!
4. SoundLouder.co.za ships to almost every country in the world - simply set any delivery address in the one-page checkout to get a shipping quote instantly. If you country is not listed, please contact us so that we may verify if we are able to ship to your country.
7. Where do we ship to & legality ?
1. We currently ship to more than 80 countries, please feel free to contact us if your country is not listed and we'll see if we can ship to your country.
2. Please note that you are responsible for finding out in advance about the legality of importing your ordered items in the country - and about the legalities of importing goods into your country per se.
3. We are not responsible for confiscated items by your local authorities or any associated costs incurred. Please read the full small print below!.
4. Customs clearance is undertaken by the courier in the delivery destination country.
5. You must be available for contact by them, in the event of any query or clearance confirmation, payment etc..
6. You are responsible for knowing the regulations before placing your order.
8. How to process a return ?
1. All our products come with 7 days exchange warranty, 1 year hardware repair warranty (12 months), 3 years software warranty (36 months) except for demo products, Reverse Cameras, Accessories, software etc..
2. If there is a quality defect that causes the device to be unacceptable or unusable during the warranty period, we will accept a return and either repair the item, replace it with a new one or replace the item with an equivalent item that you accept (manufacturer's terms/conditions apply). At our own discretion, we may also offer a voucher of the same value which you may then use to place a new order. If the new order has a higher value than the voucher, then you will need to pay the balance by any of the payments options that we accept (EFT, Cash Deposit, PayPal). Refund requests are not accepted and you understand and unconditionally agree to the available solutions which we do offer.
3. All returned products must be sent together with the original package, accessories, manuals etc..
4. In the event of any returned goods where you are requesting a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) under the warranty period, the shipping costs returning the product to our technical team are payable by you and cannot be compensated by Sound Louder (under any circumstances). The timeframe for repairs is usually between 1-8 weeks (without delays), depending on the product, the problem itself and if the problem can be resolved by our technical staff or if the device has to be returned to the manufacturer (takes longer). You will have to cover all shipping costs when sending the device to the manufacturer and we will only cover the cost to send it back to you once repaired/replaced. Repaired items (locally) are dispatched via postal services (SA only) with a tracking number included to the original address as when the order was placed, please contact us if you would like to change the delivery address when processing the RMA request. Speed Service or Express Delivery may be arranged at an additional charge, please contact us should you prefer either of these services. In some cases and depending on the fault itself, the manufacturers we deal with may dispatch a new item instead of a repaired on (at their discretion), in this case the new item is usually dispatched directly to our customers. It is possible that customs may apply duties and taxes and you understand and accept that you are liable for these charges and that Sound Louder will not compensate the duties and taxes applied by customs or any other fees.
5. Physical damage or modification to a product invalidates the warranty, these include; cutting, slicing, tapping, rewiring, modifying components, inadequate installation, opening products (e.g. to repair or modify components), invalidates the warranty. Flashing the firmware or using non-approved software invalidates the warranty (these are detectable by the manufacturer's engineering team).
6. Car audio/video products (radios, monitors etc..) must be installed by a qualified/professional installer, a copy of the installation receipt must be provided in order to validate the warranty. Failure to provide a valid receipt of the installation services will invalidate the warranty (no exceptions).
7. There is a 15% restocking fee for all non-defective returns (must be returned within 7 days of receipt) and is only acceptable under certain circumstances (e.g. incorrect model ordered etc..). Shipping costs are not taken into account when processing a refund request for non-defective products, only the product value minus the 15% restocking fee on the condition that the item is returned in it's original condition. Sound Louder reserves the right to accept or deny the return of non-defective items at our own discretion.
8. In the event that a product is returned and proven to have been tampered with (opened, modified etc..), the warranty will immediately be considered void and the item will be returned at your expense.
9. If there is a problem with a product purchased from us, do not open it as this will void your warranty (no exceptions).
10. In the event that a non-faulty item is returned and confirmed to be working, you will be charged the postage and handling fee to return the item (R350.00). The same applies for defective or non-defective products which have been returned but found to have been tampered with or modified in anyway as per Point 7.5
9. Requesting a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
* Read before requesting a return!
STEP 1 - Submitting Required Information:
1. Images of all angles of the product/s that you wish to return must be provided
2. Images of all accessories (cables, remote controls, power supply etc..)
3. Image of the installation receipt including the invoice number and contact details of the installer (no exceptions)
4. The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is required when requesting a return (for SatNav systems only)
5. Close-up image of the warranty seal (clear image, no exceptions)
6. Compress the images into one file (zip or rar)
7. Rename the compressed file with your order number (e.g. Order 2514)
8. email them to email@example.com
* We will request better quality/clearer images if the supplied images do not meet our requirements!
STEP 2 - Processing a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA):
1. Log into your account by clicking on "Login, Log in" (top right-hand corner on our website)
2. Once logged into your account, select "Retuns" (On the footer of the website)
3. Select the correct order number for the product you want to return
4. In the quantity box, type the quantity that you want to return
5. In the "Faulty or other details" box, type the reason for the RMA
6. Do not refer us back to past communications, you must type a full description of the problem/s
7. Click "Continue"
* Do not proceed to "STEP 2" without first completing the 8 steps mentioned in "STEP 1 - Submitting Required Information".
Once all information has been correctly received as per our requirements, you will receive a confirmation that your return request has been authorized. The auto-generated emails which you will receive explain all the steps you need to follow to return the faulty item, please read the emails carefully to understand the return procedure.
Do not process a return request unless you are certain that the system is indeed faulty/defective and that you've previously referred to the user manual as well as to our "FAQ's & Support" section of our website for possible solutions to the problem/s you're experiencing. If the system does not respond, has frozen or behaves in an unexpected manor, then try resetting it or disconnect the power for 5 minutes, reconnect and reset the system to see if this helps. All returns that are found to be in working order and/or found to have been tampered with and/or damaged, will attract a handling and postage charge of R350.00 to return the system (no exceptions) as per point 7.10 of our Terms & Conditions which you may view by visiting the following link; http://www.soundlouder.co.za/terms-&-conditions
* It remains the responsibility of the customer and not of Sound Louder or RMA & Technical to ensure that the system being returned is indeed faulty/defective
10. Important note regarding car audio headunits..
1. We have done extensive research regarding compatibility of our headunits with many different car brands and models and in most cases the headunit will fit perfectly however, certain models which are compatible with different series (mainly BMW/Mercedes Benz/KIA/Hyundai/Nissan) may at times have gaps which are not visible from a seated position. This is perfectly normal as the manufacturer has designed several models which may be accommodated by different vehicle models.
2. Read the description carefully before ordering to ensure that the system is is fully compatible with your vehicle. The Steering Wheel Controls (SWC) of certain vehicles may at times not be fully supported, these usually falls within (but not limited to); Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Renault and Volvo. In some cases the SWC may be partially supported where in other cases vehicles of the same model & year model may fully support the SWC while others may not which is mainly due to different CAN-Bus versions being used. Only VIN specific systems are fully guaranteed to support all the original functions, you understand that our systems are not VIN specific (original system from the agents) but instead, after-market systems and in most cases no-name brand systems. If for example you have an Audi with BOSE, a BMW with Harmon Kardon or even a Mercedes with fibre optics, make sure that the system you're ordering specifically mentions these functions or features as being fully supported. The same applies for non standard system with factory installed amplifiers (i.e. ix35, Sportage, Outlander etc..), if the system does not have an option for selecting an amplified or non amplified version or if the description does not specifically mention that the factory installed amplifier is fully supported, then it is not. Refund requests based on ordering a system which is not designed for your vehicle will be denied.
3. Certain vehicles may require modifications such as but not limited to; trim/fascia plates, wiring/harness adaptors, Can-Bus bypass, parameter changes via VAG-Com, amplifier (oem) modifications etc.. The vehicle brand, model and respective year/s mentioned on our website are to be used as a guideline only, most units will fit perfectly and work on a Plug & Play solution while others may require the above mentioned modifications.
4. By placing your order, you unconditionally accept that modifications may be required and that you are prepared to have these done by a professional installer at your own cost to ensure that the headunit is correctly installed
5. Sound Louder shall not be held liable for the incurred costs in order to perform these modifications (when required), these are your responsibility and you should contact an installer prior to ordering the system to ensure that they have the technical knowledge to perform these modifications.
6. The systems listed on our website are after-market and not original systems supplied by the agents which are in most cases VIN specific. The systems are specially ordered from the manufacturers that we deal with (from overseas) and can not simply be returned unless of course it's faulty and needs to be sent in for warranty purposes. If the installer is unable to perform the necessary modifications, then you should contact an alternative installer of your choice or the agents (e.g. Audi/Toyota/VW etc..) for assistance.
7. We will not accept a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request based on the above mentioned nor shall a refund or exchange request be authorized
8. From time to time the rear-view cameras may change in design/model and colour and may differ to the image on our website. The same applies the some of the remote controls which may differ from the image on the website as these are upgraded to newer versions. You accept that these changes may happen and accept that your order may include a different model camera or remote control
9. In most cases, the manufacturer may include free demo software for testing purposes. When these are included and at the manufacturer's discretion, the software itself, versions/build versions may differ. SoundLouder.co.za cannot guarantee that demo software will be included nor the version as this is supplied at the manufacturer's sole discretion. In some cases, demo software and maps may not be compatible with a specific country or region. As the end-user, you will ultimately need to purchase a full version software of your choice, SoundLouder.co.za will not provide support for 3rd party software or download links.
11. Read the small print!
1. Before you read the small print: Importing is a breeze! You may have to pay VAT/TAX and sometimes variable Import Duties when the items arrive, but in the vast majority of cases parcels arrive safely with no problems at all.
2. Read the item description carefully! We will ship you whatever you order.
3. As the buyer, it is entirely your responsibility to find out in advance of placing your order whether your ordered items are subject to import restrictions. Sound Louder will ship you whatever you order, so we do not accept liability in the case of failed delivery of goods, where they have failed to clear your country's local Customs - either in cases where the goods are turned back, or in cases where the goods are seized. In addition Sound Louder is not responsible for informing you of possible import restriction issues before or after purchase.
4. We will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused on your computer, console, or other hardware/software during/related to installation of any of our products. We are not liable for any damage or personal loss due to incorrect installation of our products. We are not liable if your order has been lost or damaged whereas no insurance has taken taken.
5. Delivery time: If there is a possible delay due to stock shortage or multiple products being shipped from a different supplier, your order may be shipped separately which will not affect your order number. Bulk orders may at times suffer delays due to many factors such as the manufacturing process, customs clearing, transportation delays etc.. Should there be such a delay, Sound Louder will not be held liable under no circumstances. By placing your order and paying for it, you accept that delays such as customs clearing may occur and you are prepared to wait the required time to have these delays resolved. Sound Louder will assist as best as possible should any of these problems occur, you are required to contact us immediately if the courier contacts you requesting additional documents or information in order to clear the goods.
6. Once an order has been shipped, it may not be cancelled nor will a refund request be accepted. Shipping goods involve many costs (not just the shipping charge) and man hours.
7. By placing your order and paying for it, you/your business accepts all of our terms and fully understands that the order may not be cancelled nor refunded and that taxes/vat, duties and any further charges are for your account.
8. By placing your order, you/your business fully understands and accepts our terms unconditionally.
9. Your payment is through a safe channel and the products are quality assured!
12. Order Payment:
We will verify stock availability with our suppliers after you have made your payment, your order may be cancelled and your payment refunded in full or a voucher may be offered (whichever you accept) should any of the items you ordered be unavailable. As from the order date, payment must be received within 7 days after placing your order. After 7 days and if your payment has not been received, we may cancel your order without further notice. Price updates and exchange rates vary the final selling price (sometimes substantially). For this reason, Sound Louder reserves the right to cancel an order at our own discretion.
13. Additional Terms Regarding Returned Goods:
1. In the event where a product has been repaired on an out of warranty basis or in event of the warranty of the returned goods having been deemed void and not repaired, both the charges to repair the product (if the repair quotation is accepted by the customer) and/or the handling and postage charges for returning the goods to the customer, must be paid within (90) days.
2. Should the above mentioned charges not be paid within (90) days, then and in that event, the customer consents to the sale of the goods by Sound Louder without an order of court, to defray expenses associated in terms hereof.
3. By proceeding with the return, the customer agrees to and grants Sound Louder express authority to sell the goods to cover expenses, being expressly agreed that in such circumstances, the customer has ceded all of his right, title and interest and to the goods of Sound Louder
Conditions of use
The term Sound Louder, Sound louder or SoundLouder, SoundLouder.co.za or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website.
The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only, it is not always 100% accurate. Product descriptions and images may at times not fully correspond to the product received. This is due to constant release/update of existing/new products as well as different functionalities offered by certain manufacturers which may at times be included/excluded. These differences are deemed acceptable when placing an order with Sound Louder and are subject to change without prior notice.
2. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
4. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
5. All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
6. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
7. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website.
8. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
9. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to International laws.
10. At our discretion, we may cancel an order and refund the full payment (if payment has been recieved) without further notice and/or explanation. In such cases and when payment has already been recieved, we will request the banking details to refund the full payment.
11. We will not be liable for any form of compensation for orders that we cancel besides duly refunding the full payment when applicable.
You agree to indemnify and hold SoundLouder.co.za, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, agents, co-branders, or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney/legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the use of the website.
You hereby agree to accept your invoices and other documents in electronic form, whether it be emailed or be available for download on the website.